10:26 PM - Dec 11, 2017
My Dad's last movie

Pages: [1] Read 1789 times

Offline BenDial

• Sophomore
  • GO HOGS!
My Dad's last movie
12:24 AM - Feb 11, 2014
Dad's last movie, Crackerjack, will be showing at the Malvern Ritz on Main Street on February 17. Dad was able to play some sizable roles in movies like Slingblade, The General's Daughter, Bernie, Crazy Heart, Secondhand Lions, etc. etc. He died about 2 weeks after filming his scenes for Crackerjack. I don't know if anyone else lives in the Malvern area, but this movie (produced and narrated by Jeff Foxworthy) will likely not be widely released in theaters. They're letting Malvern break the rules for one night because of Dad. Anyway, if you want to see it, you can get advance tickets at the Ritz.
« Last Edit: 10:38 AM - Feb 11, 2014 by BenDial »

Offline Murr

• Global Moderator
  • Hogfans Supastar
Re: My Dad's last movie
Reply #1 → 12:31 AM - Feb 11, 2014
Sorry your dad passed away Ben.  No one is ever around long enough.  I hope you enjoy his last film.
What kinda caddy? It makes a difference. I wanna go out in style. Not drunk as s***, dead on the kitchen floor with my pants around my ankles with a tub of KY in one hand and a dildo in the other.

Offline BenDial

• Sophomore
  • GO HOGS!
Reply #2 → 12:33 AM - Feb 11, 2014
Been gone since 2011. Still think about him every day. Also tells you how long it takes a movie.

Offline Murr

• Global Moderator
  • Hogfans Supastar
Reply #3 → 12:38 AM - Feb 11, 2014
Post Production takes longer and longer these days.  What type of movie is it?
What kinda caddy? It makes a difference. I wanna go out in style. Not drunk as s***, dead on the kitchen floor with my pants around my ankles with a tub of KY in one hand and a dildo in the other.

Offline Shag

• The Big Cheese
  • Administrator
  • Hogfans Supastar
  • Thank God for Baseball...
Reply #4 → 12:39 AM - Feb 11, 2014
Why don't you tell them some of the movies your dad was in Ben.  Its quite a list.
God made men. But sandwiches weren't going to make themselves. So God made women.

Offline BenDial

• Sophomore
  • GO HOGS!
Reply #5 → 01:14 AM - Feb 11, 2014
Here's a complete list: http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0224496/

From what I have gathered from mom and dad, the movie is a romantic comedy about a guy who gets his girlfriend pregnant. He wants to run away because his father did the same thing to his mom so that's what he knows. But the backdrop of the movie is church league softball. I've seen some of the clips and it looks pretty darn funny.

Offline Shag

• The Big Cheese
  • Administrator
  • Hogfans Supastar
  • Thank God for Baseball...
Reply #6 → 09:20 AM - Feb 11, 2014
Here's a complete list: http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0224496/

From what I have gathered from mom and dad, the movie is a romantic comedy about a guy who gets his girlfriend pregnant. He wants to run away because his father did the same thing to his mom so that's what he knows. But the backdrop of the movie is church league softball. I've seen some of the clips and it looks pretty darn funny.

I never got to meet him but the people I have heard talk about him couldn't have been any more generous in their opinions of him.

You had a winner Ben!  He was a good man.
God made men. But sandwiches weren't going to make themselves. So God made women.

Offline BenDial

• Sophomore
  • GO HOGS!
Reply #7 → 10:39 AM - Feb 11, 2014
Thanks for that. He was what folks say he was. He was always a furniture salesman at heart though. That was his love.

Offline Arky

• Senior
  • GO HOGS!
Reply #8 → 05:49 PM - Feb 11, 2014
That's pretty cool. Those are some good movies. 2nd hand is outstanding.....gunna go back & look him up.
by panhandlepig
If you are scared of me then you are a p**** of the highest order. Get rid of that stupid emoticunt dead horse thing.. it is annoying and has lost any meaning it may have had originally.b

Offline Johnny Cash's Ghost

• Score in 2nd half.
  • Hogfans Supastar
Reply #9 → 10:18 PM - Feb 11, 2014
Sorry for your loss Ben. He got to meet in my opinion and work with one of the greatest actors of all time. Robert Duvall.
Johnny, if Bill Clinton had an ugly wife that just got uglier ever time he screwed a woman that wasn't her, he'd be married to Hillary Clinton.

Rev

Offline BenDial

• Sophomore
  • GO HOGS!
Reply #10 → 02:36 AM - Feb 12, 2014
Dad had only the nicest things to say about Robert Duvall. Said he was one of the most genuine people he met from the Hollywood crowd. I was in high school when he called our house on Christmas one year because they had sent each other some holiday candies and Duvall had opened some candied pecans for the first time on Christmas morning.

Pages: [1]