03:06 PM - Nov 21, 2017
Graduate Transfer penalties reduced in SEC

Pages: [1] Read 249 times

Offline Murr

• Global Moderator
  • Hogfans Supastar
Graduate Transfer penalties reduced in SEC
02:45 PM - Jun 02, 2017
The former Notre Dame quarterback, currently seeking his next destination after earning his undergraduate degree, now has the ability to join Florida without restraint if he so desires. SEC commissioner Greg Sankey announced Friday the league has decided to curb its graduate transfer penalties from three years down to one, making it legal for Florida to add graduate transfers this offseason.

https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/florida-football/former-notre-dame-qb-malik-zaire-reacts-change-secs-graduate-transfer-rule/

Stated simply, the SEC’s graduate transfer penalty rule has been decreased from three years to one year. Previously, if a school took in a graduate transfer that did not meet academic requirements, that school was prohibited from doing so for three seasons.

Sankey stated the rule applies currently, there will be no retroactive penalty for the Gators after two former graduate transfers did not meet academic requirements.

https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/sec-football/commissioner-greg-sankey-announces-change-secs-graduate-transfer-rule/
What kinda caddy? It makes a difference. I wanna go out in style. Not drunk as s***, dead on the kitchen floor with my pants around my ankles with a tub of KY in one hand and a dildo in the other.

Offline Murr

• Global Moderator
  • Hogfans Supastar
Re: Graduate Transfer penalties reduced in SEC
Reply #1 → 02:55 PM - Jun 02, 2017
Meanwhile in Manhattan, KS Bill Snyder tried denying a kid the chance to transfer after verbally agreeing to do so:

According to an account of the issue Sutton provided to the Kansas City Star, Sutton informed K-State head coach Bill Snyder he’d like to transfer and submitted a list of 35 schools on his target list, ranging from FBS to Division II. (No Big 12 or future K-State non-conference opponents were included on the list. It isn’t clear if Sutton didn’t include those schools because he didn’t want to transfer to any of them or if he knew none of them would be approved.)

Kansas State denied each and every one of them.

“When I originally told Coach Snyder I was going to transfer he said, ‘Well, Corey, I feel bad that you want to leave, but I can’t make you stay,’ ” Sutton said. “I dropped all my classes, moved out of Kansas and started looking at my options, then I find out they are denying me my release.

“Coach Snyder told me today that when I signed my letter of intent that was my commitment to him, that I was going to be there for four years. I heard that and told him, ‘Coaches can leave. So why can’t a player leave? You made a commitment to me that you were going to treat me the right way and that’s not what you’re doing.’ ”

http://footballscoop.com/news/bill-snyder-kansas-state-corey-sutton-transfer-right-side-of-history/

Kansas State is a program barely hanging on to P5 status.  They need any and all recruits they can get and this is bad decision making and worse publicity
What kinda caddy? It makes a difference. I wanna go out in style. Not drunk as s***, dead on the kitchen floor with my pants around my ankles with a tub of KY in one hand and a dildo in the other.

Online oletimer

• Sophomore
Reply #2 → 03:10 PM - Jun 02, 2017
Meanwhile in Manhattan, KS Bill Snyder tried denying a kid the chance to transfer after verbally agreeing to do so:

According to an account of the issue Sutton provided to the Kansas City Star, Sutton informed K-State head coach Bill Snyder he’d like to transfer and submitted a list of 35 schools on his target list, ranging from FBS to Division II. (No Big 12 or future K-State non-conference opponents were included on the list. It isn’t clear if Sutton didn’t include those schools because he didn’t want to transfer to any of them or if he knew none of them would be approved.)

Kansas State denied each and every one of them.

“When I originally told Coach Snyder I was going to transfer he said, ‘Well, Corey, I feel bad that you want to leave, but I can’t make you stay,’ ” Sutton said. “I dropped all my classes, moved out of Kansas and started looking at my options, then I find out they are denying me my release.

“Coach Snyder told me today that when I signed my letter of intent that was my commitment to him, that I was going to be there for four years. I heard that and told him, ‘Coaches can leave. So why can’t a player leave? You made a commitment to me that you were going to treat me the right way and that’s not what you’re doing.’ ”

http://footballscoop.com/news/bill-snyder-kansas-state-corey-sutton-transfer-right-side-of-history/

Kansas State is a program barely hanging on to P5 status.  They need any and all recruits they can get and this is bad decision making and worse publicity
Wow, I never would thought that of Snyder what a dirty trick.

Offline Murr

• Global Moderator
  • Hogfans Supastar
Reply #3 → 12:29 AM - Jun 03, 2017
Wow, I never would thought that of Snyder what a dirty trick.

That's why it's so damaging to K State.  It's one thing to not know the rules but it's another one to lie about your intentions and then mess up a kids future.

Pages: [1]