08:42 AM - Nov 22, 2017
After Williams' retirement, who's left?

Pages: [1] Read 221 times

Offline Fatty McGee

• Sophomore
After Williams' retirement, who's left?
11:04 AM - May 10, 2017
https://www.seccountry.com/arkansas/arkansas-football-rawleigh-williams-devwah-whaley

"Devwah Whaley absolutely has the talent to be a No. 1 back in the SEC. And itís a good thing, because thatís exactly what heíll be.

He rushed for 602 yards and 3 touchdowns last season as a true freshman. Before the season, many ó including myself ó believed he might end up as Arkansasí No. 1 back in 2016 because of his immense talent. That didnít happen, but only because of how well Williams ended up playing.

One of the big reasons it took Whaley a little longer than expected to be a major contributor was because it took him time to adjust to the pass blocking Bret Bielema requires of his backs."

Offline MichaelT

• Global Moderator
  • Freshman
Re: After Williams' retirement, who's left?
Reply #1 → 11:46 AM - May 11, 2017
One of the things some of these kids get hit hard with when they get into college is that the running back position is not just "get the ball and score"...lot of technique and assignments away from the ball and that has to be difficult for some of these kids to adjust to.

Hopefully Whaley will learn better and these younger players will fill the gap.

Offline Murr

• Global Moderator
  • Hogfans Supastar
Reply #2 → 01:52 PM - May 11, 2017
We have a stable of running backs.  They get to develop quicker now.  I just hope the line opens up a few holes this year.
What kinda caddy? It makes a difference. I wanna go out in style. Not drunk as s***, dead on the kitchen floor with my pants around my ankles with a tub of KY in one hand and a dildo in the other.

Offline Arky

• Senior
  • GO HOGS!
Reply #3 → 06:28 PM - May 11, 2017
We have a stable of running backs.  They get to develop quicker now.  I just hope the line opens up a few holes this year.
by panhandlepig
If you are scared of me then you are a p**** of the highest order. Get rid of that stupid emoticunt dead horse thing.. it is annoying and has lost any meaning it may have had originally.b

Offline Kriegschwein

• Freshman
Reply #4 → 09:25 PM - May 15, 2017
Nothing would give me a bigger smile than Day running for 500-600 yards this year.

Pipe dream, but that kid deserves it.

Pages: [1]