03:07 PM - Nov 21, 2017
Kudos to Bielema

Pages: [1] Read 368 times

Offline Fatty McGee

• Sophomore
Kudos to Bielema
12:56 PM - May 09, 2017
Was in a restaurant in Fayetteville the other day with the family where you have to stand in line to order, and the two third graders had already gone ahead and claimed a table.  Wife and I were sitting outside while they were inside with siblings and friends, and they came running out to get my phone because they'd seen the football coach!!  They run back inside and a little while later came back out and said they'd gottentheirpicturewithhimohmygoshhe'sthefootballcoach!!!! 

A few minutes later he comes walking out and goes by the table and I thank him for letting them take a picture.  He then tells us no problem and says "they're quite talkative, I guess you ran a race today?"  I reply yeah, we did.  He said "And I guess the other one ran a lemonade stand. . . " and told me the story of her morning as well, before laughing and concluding "They're pretty shy."  Then we wished each other a good day and he went on to his jeep.

They were two 9 year old girls sitting by themselves, and he didn't have to do that on his Saturday morning, much less listen to what I'm sure was their excited ramblings for 5 minutes.  A more self involved coach wouldn't have, and I appreciate that we don't have one of those.

Offline Murr

• Global Moderator
  • Hogfans Supastar
Re: Kudos to Bielema
Reply #1 → 04:55 PM - May 09, 2017
Coach Bielema is the greatest
What kinda caddy? It makes a difference. I wanna go out in style. Not drunk as s***, dead on the kitchen floor with my pants around my ankles with a tub of KY in one hand and a dildo in the other.

Offline "He Who Rides the Short Bus"

• Odell's agent
  • Freshman
  • Odell and Jack Blasingame - good times
Reply #2 → 08:04 AM - May 14, 2017
Was in a restaurant in Fayetteville the other day with the family where you have to stand in line to order, and the two third graders had already gone ahead and claimed a table.  Wife and I were sitting outside while they were inside with siblings and friends, and they came running out to get my phone because they'd seen the football coach!!  They run back inside and a little while later came back out and said they'd gottentheirpicturewithhimohmygoshhe'sthefootballcoach!!!! 

A few minutes later he comes walking out and goes by the table and I thank him for letting them take a picture.  He then tells us no problem and says "they're quite talkative, I guess you ran a race today?"  I reply yeah, we did.  He said "And I guess the other one ran a lemonade stand. . . " and told me the story of her morning as well, before laughing and concluding "They're pretty shy."  Then we wished each other a good day and he went on to his jeep.

They were two 9 year old girls sitting by themselves, and he didn't have to do that on his Saturday morning, much less listen to what I'm sure was their excited ramblings for 5 minutes.  A more self involved coach wouldn't have, and I appreciate that we don't have one of those.

Was he eating a big old lobster?
i propose we ban every member here who admits they ain't seen Roadhouse.

Offline Hoosier

• Senior
  • GO HOGS!
Reply #3 → 01:30 PM - May 15, 2017

Good stuff  :beer:

Offline NWAHOGS

• Global Moderator
  • Hogfans Supastar
Reply #4 → 08:41 PM - May 16, 2017
He's a great person, but.......

Online oletimer

• Sophomore
Reply #5 → 08:44 PM - May 16, 2017
He's a great person, but.......