02:48 AM - Nov 19, 2017
Katz: AAC to vote on Witchita State this Friday

Pages: [1] Read 248 times

Offline Murr

• Global Moderator
  • Hogfans Supastar

Andy Katz, Senior ESPN writer:
The American Athletic Conference board of directors will vote on Friday to decide if it will admit Wichita State and if yes, will it happen for next season, according to a source with direct knowledge. Wichita State needs 75 percent of the votes for admission. The AAC is expected to add the Shockers and unless there is a hiccup for the 2017-18 season. Another source with direct knowledge said the Shockers want to go for next season and are willing to pass up all of its previous NCAA tournament units from winning games in the tournament to leave before the 24 month deadline to the Missouri Valley Conference without a penalty.

http://www.espn.com/espn/now?nowId=21-0641342047298523160-4

The American Athletic Conference currently has 12 football members and 11 basketball members.

Navy is a football only member.

Witchita State would be an all sports member in the AAC.  Currently no football program and according to WSU officials, restarting a football program is not economically feasible now or in the near future.

I think this would be a good move for both the AAC and the Shockers.  Leaving behind all their earned NCAA tourney credits should be more than enough of an exit penalty to finalize conference movement.

Note, other midmajors are worried about getting their conference schools enough access or slots in the tournament which is a major income source to these schools.  Rumors of Gonzaga also looking around are circulating but are much less likely due to their location in eastern Washington.
What kinda caddy? It makes a difference. I wanna go out in style. Not drunk as s***, dead on the kitchen floor with my pants around my ankles with a tub of KY in one hand and a dildo in the other.

Offline Murr

• Global Moderator
  • Hogfans Supastar
Re: Katz: AAC to vote on Witchita State this Friday
Reply #1 → 10:47 AM - Apr 07, 2017
Per Dennis Dodds, AAC votes unanimously to add Witchita State.

Missouri Valley Conference is scheduled to have a meeting Sunday to discuss future direction between league office and its ADs/Presidents.

What kinda caddy? It makes a difference. I wanna go out in style. Not drunk as s***, dead on the kitchen floor with my pants around my ankles with a tub of KY in one hand and a dildo in the other.

Pages: [1]