03:20 PM - Nov 21, 2017
Ark v. Ala game thread 4/1/17

Pages: [1] Read 271 times

Offline Marty Git

• Sophomore
  • You figure it out
Ark v. Ala game thread 4/1/17
07:05 PM - Apr 01, 2017
April Fools!!!! - The game's on at 7:00 but I'll be watching the final 4 so don't expect much - I'll flip over from time to time but as soon as I do my wife will start yelling at me to go back so unless the baseball game lasts longer than the end of the Oregon - NC game, you're on your own
« Last Edit: 07:56 PM - Apr 01, 2017 by Marty Git »

Offline Marty Git

• Sophomore
  • You figure it out
Re: Ark v. Ala game thread 4/1/17
Reply #1 → 07:26 PM - Apr 01, 2017
OK - S. Carolina gets beat by Gonzaga by 4 (I'm amazed it wasn't by more) - so I've switched over to the baseball game until the NC - Oregon game starts -

We're in the top of the 2nd - just hit a double than batted in a run (I have no idea how he got there) - then we fly out to end the inning

Ark - 1 Ala - 0 - going into the bottom of the 2nd
« Last Edit: 07:57 PM - Apr 01, 2017 by Marty Git »

Offline Marty Git

• Sophomore
  • You figure it out
Reply #2 → 07:44 PM - Apr 01, 2017
Hmmm - that didn't take long - Ala scores a run -  bottom of the 2nd & our pitcher, (Stephan??) has put two on base with no outs - Ala w/ runners on 1st & 2nd - pitching coach came out and I was hoping they'd take him out but I guess they just talked to him - still in

infield fly for first out

next batter hits a monster to left that looked like it was going over the fence and the outfielder misses at the warning track so another run scores - 2 - 1 Ala w/ 1 out and runners on 2nd and 3rd -

line drive to center - run scores from third - 3 - 1 Ala still with 1 out and Ala runners on 2 & 3

Finally, Van Horn comes out to sit Stephan down (announcers talk about how great that is because Stephan will be ready for tomorrow's game - really???) - anyway, break in the game while we get a new pitcher - this is a different game from what it was last night

About another 10 minutes before the second final 4 game so I'll be taking a break before too long

« Last Edit: 07:46 PM - Apr 01, 2017 by Marty Git »

Offline Marty Git

• Sophomore
  • You figure it out
Reply #3 → 07:55 PM - Apr 01, 2017
Kevin Kopps - redshirt freshman - comes in to relieve Stephan

batter hits ground ball and is thrown out at first but runner on 3rd scores - 4 - 1 Ala

1st pitch by Kopps to next batter hits him so they've got runners on 1 & 3, 2 outs

OFF SUBJECT: has anyone seen that there is a discussion about the SEC trading South Carolina to the ACC and getting Clemson in the SEC??

next batter grounds to short - thrown out at first

I'm off to watch the final 4 - won't be back for awhile - anyone who wants to keep this up, go for it (as if......)

Online oletimer

• Sophomore
Reply #4 → 07:58 PM - Apr 01, 2017
Kevin Kopps - redshirt freshman - comes in to relieve Stephan

batter hits ground ball and is thrown out at first but runner on 3rd scores - 4 - 1 Ala

1st pitch by Kopps to next batter hits him so they've got runners on 1 & 3, 2 outs

OFF SUBJECT: has anyone seen that there is a discussion about the SEC trading South Carolina to the ACC and getting Clemson in the SEC??

next batter grounds to short - thrown out at first

I'm off to watch the final 4 - won't be back for awhile - anyone who wants to keep this up, go for it (as if......)
This is April 1st isn't it

Offline Marty Git

• Sophomore
  • You figure it out
Reply #5 → 08:26 PM - Apr 01, 2017
"OFF SUBJECT: has anyone seen that there is a discussion about the SEC trading South Carolina to the ACC and getting Clemson in the SEC??"

"This is April 1st isn't it"

Yeah, I thought that was the case, but then I saw it on some relatively reliable sports sites - but, maybe I've just been had

Anyway, bottom of the 4th in baseball and Ala is still up 4 - 1

And, I'm not sure Oregon can stay with NC - they're in a TO right now

Can anyone understand that DirecTV singing guy in all those commercials????

Online oletimer

• Sophomore
Reply #6 → 08:31 PM - Apr 01, 2017
"OFF SUBJECT: has anyone seen that there is a discussion about the SEC trading South Carolina to the ACC and getting Clemson in the SEC??"

"This is April 1st isn't it"

Yeah, I thought that was the case, but then I saw it on some relatively reliable sports sites - but, maybe I've just been had

Anyway, bottom of the 4th in baseball and Ala is still up 4 - 1

And, I'm not sure Oregon can stay with NC - they're in a TO right now

Can anyone understand that DirecTV singing guy in all those commercials????
They are in discussion it appears.

https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/sec-football/sec-discussions-trade-south-carolina-acc-exchange-clemson/

Offline Marty Git

• Sophomore
  • You figure it out
Reply #7 → 08:37 PM - Apr 01, 2017
They are in discussion it appears.

https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/sec-football/sec-discussions-trade-south-carolina-acc-exchange-clemson/

Interesting - back to whatever game we're talking about - baseball - top of 5th - Ala still up 4 - 1

Oregon and NC pretty close halfway through the 1st half - Oregon doesn't look like they can stay with NC but the score is 20 - 18 Oregon w/ 7 1/2 left in first half

Offline Marty Git

• Sophomore
  • You figure it out
Reply #8 → 08:59 PM - Apr 01, 2017
Two game update:

final four at half: NC up 39 - 36 at half - Oregon had this game under control until the last couple of minutes of the 1st half - now, they're not doing so good

Ark v. Ala baseball: bottom of 5th and Ark down 7 - 1 - don't think I'll be watching the end of this game - sorry guys

Online oletimer

• Sophomore
Reply #9 → 09:02 PM - Apr 01, 2017
Two game update:

final four at half: NC up 39 - 36 at half - Oregon had this game under control until the last couple of minutes of the 1st half - now, they're not doing so good

Ark v. Ala baseball: bottom of 5th and Ark down 7 - 1 - don't think I'll be watching the end of this game - sorry guys
Sounds like it's over

Offline Marty Git

• Sophomore
  • You figure it out
Reply #10 → 09:28 PM - Apr 01, 2017
Well, it's the top of the 7th and Ark is still down 7 - 1 and it doesn't look like it's gonna get any better

OTOH - although I'm not as old as Rev - it's almost 9:30 which is way past my bedtime

NC looks like they're gonna beat the crap out of Oregon - since S. Carolina isn't in the championship game, I don't really care

Night, all of you hundreds of persons who have been involved in this thread - if it turns out different than the above, I'll edit this in the morning

Online oletimer

• Sophomore
Reply #11 → 09:56 PM - Apr 01, 2017
Well, it's the top of the 7th and Ark is still down 7 - 1 and it doesn't look like it's gonna get any better

OTOH - although I'm not as old as Rev - it's almost 9:30 which is way past my bedtime

NC looks like they're gonna beat the crap out of Oregon - since S. Carolina isn't in the championship game, I don't really care

Night, all of you hundreds of persons who have been involved in this thread - if it turns out different than the above, I'll edit this in the morning
Good night youngster. ;)

Pages: [1]