10:55 PM - Dec 15, 2018
Dumbest article I've read in years

Pages: [1] Read 1020 times

Offline Murr

• Hogfans Supastar
Dumbest article I've read in years
11:28 AM - Mar 27, 2017
https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/tennessee-football/charles-davis-joshua-dobbs-career-outside-football-hurt-nfl-stock/

According to FOX Sports’ Charles Davis, himself a UT alum, Dobbs’ potential future career in aerospace engineering could lead to NFL execs questioning his lack of commitment to the game. Davis recently shared his concerns regarding this subject according to Jimmy Hyams of GridironNow:

“He’s got to make sure everyone knows he loves football,” Davis said. “If a kid has other options, immediately scouts want to zero in on, ‘Does he love the game first?’ Evaluators are going to use that against him, as crazy as that sounds.

“If he (Dobbs) were to ask me, I’d tell him point blank, ‘Make sure you let them know you love the game and you are willing to do everything possible to become an NFL player. … Let them know you don’t want to build airplanes for another 10 to 15 years.”

The Tennessee signal caller has garnered national attention for his brain, as well as his athletic ability. The long-time starter for the Vols has made no secret that he dreams of a career in aerospace engineering, and he did multiple internships at Pratt & Whitney before last season. 

Beyond stupid.  If he can't make  a 53 man NFL roster then you leave the sport permanently.  He has to do his due diligence for his career as nothing is guaranteed in the NFL.  Plus, the reviews and mock drafts have not been kind to him.
What kinda caddy? It makes a difference. I wanna go out in style. Not drunk as s***, dead on the kitchen floor with my pants around my ankles with a tub of KY in one hand and a dildo in the other.

Offline PorkSoda

• Sophomore
  • Brains!
Re: Dumbest article I've read in years
Reply #1 → 07:27 PM - Mar 29, 2017
lol, nerd alert!

he better convince scouts he is not into science.  If he was into drugs and guns, that would be understandable, but nerds arent allowed in the NFL.
Grab yourself a can of pork soda
You'll be feeling just fine
Ain't nothin' quite like sittin' 'round the house
Swillin' down them Cans of swine

Offline ChitownHawg

• Freshman
Reply #2 → 12:00 PM - Mar 30, 2017
https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/tennessee-football/charles-davis-joshua-dobbs-career-outside-football-hurt-nfl-stock/

Beyond stupid.  If he can't make  a 53 man NFL roster then you leave the sport permanently.  He has to do his due diligence for his career as nothing is guaranteed in the NFL.  Plus, the reviews and mock drafts have not been kind to him.

This is all you need to know about Mr. Davis:

"FOUR YEARS AS A VOLUNTEER

A four-year starter as a defensive back for the University of Tennessee from 1983-86, Davis appeared in 39 games and posted 234 tackles (146 solo), 13 interceptions, four fumble recoveries and three forced fumbles. Following his career at Tennessee, he signed as a rookie free agent with the Dallas Cowboys and participated in the club’s 1987 training camp.
"

http://www.foxsports.com/presspass/bios/on-air/charles-davis

The dude knows nothing about what it takes to make the draft or an NFL team.

Offline Jek Tono Porkins

• Recruit
Reply #3 → 04:57 PM - Apr 23, 2017
lol, nerd alert!

he better convince scouts he is not into science.  If he was into drugs and guns, that would be understandable, but nerds arent allowed in the NFL.
LMAO!

"Son, are you into airplanes and stuff?"
"No sir, that's for pussies, but I do beat the hell out of my wife in the elevator."
"That's all I needed to know, yer hired!"
"I love the smell of emissions!" -Sarah Palin

Pages: [1]