08:34 AM - Sep 19, 2017
Round of 32 - Ark v N. Carolina game thread

Pages: 1 2 [3] Read 728 times

Offline Marty Git

• Sophomore
  • You figure it out
Re: Round of 32 - Ark v N. Carolina game thread
Reply #50 → 07:24 PM - Mar 19, 2017
Roy Williams - "We were in the most difficult fight that we've been in all year long"

"We were really lucky"

Offline panhandlepig

• Area Moderator
  • Sophomore
  • GO HOGS!
Reply #51 → 07:53 PM - Mar 19, 2017
Roy Williams - "We were in the most difficult fight that we've been in all year long"

"We were really lucky"

Damnit we were so close.  For a minute I thought we were gonna do it. I'll always remember this team and these players.
 Go Hogs.

Offline Murr

• Global Moderator
  • Hogfans Supastar
Reply #52 → 07:56 PM - Mar 19, 2017
  Damnit we were so close.  For a minute I thought we were gonna do it. I'll always remember this team and these players.
 Go Hogs.
What kinda caddy? It makes a difference. I wanna go out in style. Not drunk as s***, dead on the kitchen floor with my pants around my ankles with a tub of KY in one hand and a dildo in the other.

Online Dopeman

• Global Moderator
  • Senior
  • fizzled like a wet blackcat firecracker!!!
Reply #53 → 07:58 PM - Mar 19, 2017
Refs took away any chance we had at the end. We might have lost anyway but they made sure of it.
buzzards gotta eat, same as the worms......

Offline Marty Git

• Sophomore
  • You figure it out
Reply #54 → 08:09 PM - Mar 19, 2017
Refs took away any chance we had at the end. We might have lost anyway but they made sure of it.

Here is FCJ's unbiased analysis:

"I am so damn mad right now.these freaking refs gave UNC this game. our guys fought like hell and had a real chance to win this.and the refs gave it to UNC.even freaking Skip Bayless knows it.i just read his tweet on twitter.this was so blatant that it's not even funny.they got their blue blood in the sweet 16. i hope the hell they are happy. this is the kind of crap that will kill college basketball in the long run.i am sick of this BS every time we play a blue blood team.different year,same BS. congrats to our coaches and players for playing a great game.and for another outstanding season.they did not lose this game.the refs took it and gave it to UNC. GO HOGS."

Offline oletimer

• Sophomore
Reply #55 → 08:23 PM - Mar 19, 2017
Here is FCJ's unbiased analysis:

"I am so damn mad right now.these freaking refs gave UNC this game. our guys fought like hell and had a real chance to win this.and the refs gave it to UNC.even freaking Skip Bayless knows it.i just read his tweet on twitter.this was so blatant that it's not even funny.they got their blue blood in the sweet 16. i hope the hell they are happy. this is the kind of crap that will kill college basketball in the long run.i am sick of this BS every time we play a blue blood team.different year,same BS. congrats to our coaches and players for playing a great game.and for another outstanding season.they did not lose this game.the refs took it and gave it to UNC. GO HOGS."
I would say he is pretty close to the truth.

Offline panhandlepig

• Area Moderator
  • Sophomore
  • GO HOGS!
Reply #56 → 08:44 PM - Mar 19, 2017
I would say he is pretty close to the truth.

There's some truth in there for sure

Offline LSUFan

• Global Administrator
  • Freshman
  • Bastard Son of Aunt Rev Pearl Falwell
Reply #57 → 09:37 PM - Mar 19, 2017
Well ****!

Offline Murr

• Global Moderator
  • Hogfans Supastar
Reply #58 → 09:37 PM - Mar 19, 2017
There's some truth in there for sure

Some truth for sure, but the hogs didn't attack the basket like they normally do and took crap shots.  Hogs played to lose at the end and didn't score a point in the three minutes
What kinda caddy? It makes a difference. I wanna go out in style. Not drunk as s***, dead on the kitchen floor with my pants around my ankles with a tub of KY in one hand and a dildo in the other.

Offline hogcard1964

• Recruit
Reply #59 → 07:42 AM - Mar 20, 2017
Some truth for sure, but the hogs didn't attack the basket like they normally do and took crap shots.  Hogs played to lose at the end and didn't score a point in the three minutes

Holding the ball for 20 seconds and then forcing a three when you're well defended, isn't going to win you too many games.

You can't blame the officiating. The play structure broke down at the end of the game.

Offline Hoosier

• Senior
  • GO HOGS!
Reply #60 → 07:44 AM - Mar 20, 2017
Agree completely Murr. Yes that was a terrible no call but you have to score to win. I was so frustrated with the last 3 minutes of our offense.

Offline oletimer

• Sophomore
Reply #61 → 01:27 PM - Mar 20, 2017
Agree completely Murr. Yes that was a terrible no call but you have to score to win. I was so frustrated with the last 3 minutes of our offense.
Check out #2 in this article it's not just Hog fans who thought that was a bad no call.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/march-madness-2017-the-five-worst-referee-calls-of-the-ncaa-tournament-062205628.html;_ylt=A0SO8wfmHdBYNKEAiM5XNyoA;_ylu=X3oDMTEycDB2aXZrBGNvbG8DZ3ExBHBvcwMxBHZ0aWQDVUkyQzNfMQRzZWMDc3I-

Online Dopeman

• Global Moderator
  • Senior
  • fizzled like a wet blackcat firecracker!!!
Reply #62 → 02:54 PM - Mar 20, 2017

Those calls killed our rhythm and any momentum we had. We may not have won anyway but that hurt.
buzzards gotta eat, same as the worms......

Offline PorkSoda

• Sophomore
  • Brains!
Reply #63 → 03:15 PM - Mar 20, 2017
Those calls killed our rhythm and any momentum we had. We may not have won anyway but that hurt.
yeah, I think we were running on adrenaline at that point and once the refs interrupted our momentum we couldn't get it back.
NC was just as if not more athletic and deep than we were and it took everything we had grind out that slim lead.  I remember looking at the time and seeing over 2 mins left and wondering if we could maintain that level of intensity for another few minutes. 

whatever we had we lost, but the fact that this team was hanging with NC which as a basketball program is one of the all time greats like Duke/Kansas/Kentucky etc. means this is a much better team than I ever knew.  I was starting to wonder if Mike could get it done here, but with his recruiting and our play this season, Arkansas B-Ball is only going to get better.

WPS
Grab yourself a can of pork soda
You'll be feeling just fine
Ain't nothin' quite like sittin' 'round the house
Swillin' down them Cans of swine

Pages: 1 2 [3]