08:49 PM - Sep 25, 2017
Blueshirting/Greyshirting

Pages: [1] Read 475 times

Offline Wildhog

• Junior
  • Fearlessly the idiot faced the crowd smiling.
03:09 PM - Jan 31, 2017
For those wondering what exactly these terms mean, here's a great article explaining the differences.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/ncaaf/recruiting/2016/01/31/college-football-recruiting-redshirt-greenshirt-grayshirt-blueshirt/79603750/

Offline BR

• Chaos, panic,& disorder. My work here is done.
  • Global Moderator
  • Hogfans Supastar
  • It's not Political so I'm shocked anyone looked
  • Twitter: @parrotheadpote
Reply #1 → 03:19 PM - Jan 31, 2017
Thanks for getting our Recruiting page going again.  Look forward to tomorrow's updates. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Living the Dream, It's always 5 O'clock somewhere. Beaches, Belize, Mammoth Spring, Golf, BBQ, Razorbacks, Cardinals, Seahawks. Love being a Husband, Father, GrandaPa, Shriner & Mason and Eagle.

Offline Arky

• Senior
  • GO HOGS!
Re: Blueshirting/Greyshirting
Reply #2 → 03:25 PM - Jan 31, 2017
dopey needs the cliff notes
by panhandlepig
If you are scared of me then you are a p**** of the highest order. Get rid of that stupid emoticunt dead horse thing.. it is annoying and has lost any meaning it may have had originally.b

Online whisker

• Senior
  • Chili w/beans
Reply #3 → 04:47 PM - Jan 31, 2017
dopey needs the cliff notes

I need the dummy version.

Offline Arky

• Senior
  • GO HOGS!
Reply #4 → 04:50 PM - Jan 31, 2017
I need the dummy version.
me tutu
by panhandlepig
If you are scared of me then you are a p**** of the highest order. Get rid of that stupid emoticunt dead horse thing.. it is annoying and has lost any meaning it may have had originally.b

Offline panhandlepig

• Area Moderator
  • Sophomore
  • GO HOGS!
Reply #5 → 06:32 PM - Jan 31, 2017

Online Dopeman

• Global Moderator
  • Senior
  • fizzled like a wet blackcat firecracker!!!
Reply #6 → 08:00 PM - Jan 31, 2017
Thanks but I still cant quite wrap my mind around all that. So they get a scholarship but it doesnt count or they pay their own way the first semester or what?
buzzards gotta eat, same as the worms......

Offline Wildhog

• Junior
  • Fearlessly the idiot faced the crowd smiling.
Reply #7 → 08:19 PM - Jan 31, 2017
My understanding:

Blueshirt - pay their own way in the spring and go on scholarship in the fall. Counts against the next class.

Greyshirt - pay their own way until a scholarship is available.  A lot of grey shirts won't get a scholarship until after they've been on campus for two years, so they only count against the 85 limit and not the 25.

Offline Darrell Royal's Floating Flaming Fulminating Spectral Head

• Bant Strategist/Coordinator & Prison Forum Founder
  • Freshman
  • Friend to Spectral Heads & other darn..like whores
Reply #8 → 08:34 PM - Jan 31, 2017
My understanding:

Blueshirt - pay their own way in the spring and go on scholarship in the fall. Counts against the next class.

Greyshirt - pay their own way until a scholarship is available.  A lot of grey shirts won't get a scholarship until after they've been on campus for two years, so they only count against the 85 limit and not the 25.

Correct. Here is a post of mine on the blue shirt subject that includes the stipulations around blue shirt players having to be "non-recruited".

A blue shirt is somewhat of a hybrid walk-on with a delayed scholarship. The player enrolls in school on his own dime and accord and joins the team after enrollment. The rub is, a blue shirt cannot be a "recruited" player, so he must not have had an official visit or had a coach do an in-home visit. As long as he's nonrecruited and enrolled in the university already, he can join the team (kinda like a walk on) and provided a scholarship is available, said schollie would then count towards the following year's class. Hope that makes sense.
OTR was a legend in Logan County. Rumor has it he could jump from the free throw line with a basketball in each hand while also singing the "Star Spangled Banner" and dunk one ball on "land of the free" and the other on "home of the brave" on account of him singing it backwards. Pretty impressive.

Pages: [1]